8 Things About Me Meme
I got tagged by Stephanie at Adventures In Writing.
Here are the rules:
a. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
b. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
c. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
As if 100 things weren’t enough, here are the 8 Things about me!
1. I like big boots and I can not lie. (I couldn’t resist)
2. I think the movie Raising Arizona is the greatest comedy ever made. Ever. Made. I can recite just about every line backwards and forwards and (as an amateur filmmaker) can not think of a single scene I would edit and/or cut differently.
3. My favorite band of all time is Eels. What’s weird about that is that I tend to like female vocalists quite a bit. Some of my other favorite groups are Tegan & Sara, Tracy Bonham (who I met), Garbage, Lily Allen…etc.
4. I’ve got a confession to make. I am currently watching the first season of The Dukes of Hazzard on DVD while I work out. I just started it this week and it’s bringing back a virtual tidal wave of memories. I’m a nostalgic kind of guy, I guess. For the record: It’s just an awful, awful show. Yet, like a car crash, I can’t seem to look away.
5. I’ve got an autographed photograph of Salma Hayek sitting in my office. If there was ever one celebrity that has consistently stayed on my ‘list’, it’s her. In fairness, the top of my wife’s list is Justin Timberlake. She even has a blue tank-top that says ‘Mrs. Timberlake.’ I want to burn that thing.
6. I think I’m one of the few people I know who actually really liked Spiderman 3. Everyone I’ve run into has some complaint about it that seems pretty lame. I also think there’s the ‘it’s fun to knock the #1 movie’ syndrome. While I think it could’ve been about 10 minutes shorter, I think it was a solid addition to a franchise. And for the record: I’m not big into superheroes.
7. I’m not a church-going fella. I was raised Catholic and now I’m just plain ol’ Agnostic. I reached a period when I was in 6th grade where I just sort of stopped accepting all the stuff that was spoon fed to me and I really never looked back. I don’t like to talk about it much because, like politics, it only ends in un-winnable arguments.
8. I was married before. We were high-school sweethearts and it just didn’t work out. Got divorced after 4 years. She has since re-married and has 2 cute little kids. How do I know this? My ex-sister-in-law CONSTANTLY sends me pictures and e-mails and all sorts of stuff about what her (and my ex-wife’s) family are up to. I even occasionally get an e-mail from my ex-mother-in-law. Isn’t that weird? There’s a part of me that thinks maybe they miss me or that my ex-wife’s new husband is sort of boring.
Alls fair in love n’ war. These are the people I’m going to ‘tag.’ We’ll see if they actually follow through with this stuff.
Rhonda – http://rhondastapleton.authorsabode.com/
Stan – http://www.defenseagainsttheninjas.blogspot.com/
Babe – http://babes-always-write.blogspot.com/
Billie Quimby – http://billiequimby.livejournal.com/
Demon Hunter – http://obfuscationofreality.blogspot.com/
Devas T. – http://devast.blogspot.com/
H. Brewer – http://www.heatherbrewer.com/bleedingink/
God – http://bigoldgod.blogspot.com/